UAE Taxation Residency Certificate (TRC): Tax Residency Certificate is issued by Ministry of Finance of UAE to either Companies inside UAE for at least 1 year of age or Individual with UAE residency visa / permanently residing in the UAE for at least minimum of 180 Days. This Certificate is used to fully utilize the advantages of the extensive double tax treaties and to take advantage of double taxation avoidance agreements signed by the UAE with over 76 Countries in the World and this certificate valid for one year from the date of its issue.
This Official Tax Residency Certificate in UAE is not Applicable to Offshore Companies (International Business Companies).
Requirements for a company to get Tax Residency Certificate (TRC)
- Valid UAE Trade Licence, active for over 1 year in (Mainland DED or Freezone)
- A copy of the Memorandum of Association of the company
- A copy of the Certificate of Incumbency for the company (normally the Chamber of Commerce certificate)
- The company organizational structure chart
- A copy or a title deed of a certified commercial tenancy contract (valid for at least three months prior to application) with a physical office space as virtual office space will not be accepted
- A copy of a valid passport and a valid UAE resident visa
- A copy of Emirates ID of the company directors, shareholders, or managers
- Latest certified audited financial statement or UAE company bank statements from the last 6 months, stamped by the UAE bank
- Tax Residency Certificate application fees are AED 10,000, payable to the UAE Federal Tax Authority through the e-Dirham Card
Benefits of UAE Tax Residency Certificate
- Individuals and companies are permitted to get separate UAE Tax Residency Certificates which allow income to be covered at both individual and the corporate level
- Avoid double taxation and receive tax incentives as a resident in the UAE
- Access to international markets when setting up your business in Dubai or Abu Dhabi
How Can get a Tax Residency Certificate in Dubai or the UAE?
Individuals who are residing in the UAE can also obtain a tax residency certificate; this document is not exclusively for entities. It’s especially advantageous for those people whose countries do not have a double tax avoidance treaty with the UAE, such as the United States. The TDC serves as the official confirmation on the tax residency of a person or legal entity in the United Arab Emirates.
The tax residency certificate process depends on whether the tax residency certificate is for a person or a company, but both groups are subject to a number of requirements.
For a full list of UAE international double taxation agreements, see the Federal Tax Authority page below:
For more information reach out at email@example.com
Thanks for being part of the newsletter!
Credit: CA Neetu Jain