Rock Space Wi-Fi extender is relatively new and is working to make its base in the market. If you have the same device, learning about the Rock Space Wifi Extender Setup process will go a long way towards ensuring seamless internet connectivity.
Learn Tips To Configure Your RockSpace Wi-Fi Extender Easily!
While you are struggling to install the device and configure the network settings, you can find the details on the setup process at one place. This page will walk you through the steps and all the information you need to know about the Rock Space Wi-Fi extender device.
Things You Should Know
Before you get going with the steps directly, you’ll need to arrange for certain credentials and some equipment. This will ease up the RockSpace setup and configuration process a bit more.
- Make sure you have the main router SSID and the network password to connect to.
- Also, check if you have the default login credentials for gaining access to the RockSpace extender login page.
- Furthermore, always have a few ethernet cables available at your disposal, and a working internet connection backing you up.
Once have the details and the equipment ready, you may proceed with the RockSpace WiFi extender setup process.
Rock Space WiFi Extender Setup
Your new Rock Space wireless range extender can be set up using two methods-
- The WPS method
- Using the web-based setup wizard
In the first method, you’ll need to ascertain the fact that your wireless router supports the WPS feature or not. If not, you will have to follow the steps to set up your extender using the web-based settings management wizard.
When you are following the latter, you’ll need to ensure that you have the correct web address/ IP address that you are going to use to access the Rock Space Extender login page. The correct web address for the same would be http://re.rockspace.local, and the IP address that can be used is https://192.168.0.254.
Rock Space Wi-Fi Extender Setup Instructions For WPS
WPS feature is now available in almost all the networking devices nowadays. Abbreviation to “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”, this range extender can be configured easily using the same. To use this, first confirm that your main router supports WPS setup. Once ensured, you can follow the steps as mentioned:
- Plug in your range extender in the same room as your main router. Switch it on and wait for the Power LED to turn solid blue.
- Press the WPS button on your main router. You’ll see the WPS LED glow and start to blink.
- Within a time duration of 2 minutes, press the WPS LED on your Rock Space wifi range extender.
Rock Space Wi-Fi extender setup instructions
You’ll see the WPS LED glow and begin to blink as well. After about 20-30 seconds the WPS LEDs on both your devices will turn solid and the Internet LED on your range extender will turn solid. This means that the range extender has been successfully paired with the main router. You may now access the range extender network using the main router network credentials.
How To Set Up Rock Space Wi-Fi Extender Manually?
Your Rock Space WiFi extender can be configured manually using the default web address/IP address in your computer/smartphone web browser. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Plug your range extender to a power outlet in the same room as your main router. Make sure this spot has sufficient network coverage from your main router.
- Now, open the Wireless network Settings on your smartphone/computer and then connect to the local RockSpace device network.
You’ll be shown a list of the available networks. Select the one that belongs to your Rock Space Wireless extender and then click on the Connect button.
- Once the device is connected to the network, launch a web browser and in the address bar, type the default web address i.e. https://www.re.rockspace.local and press the Enter key.
Note: You can also use the IP address https://192.168.0.254 in place of the web address. Once you hit Enter, you will be directed to the default Rockspace extender login page. If you are logging in for the first time, the login page will ask you to set a login password.Rock Space Extender Login
- Specify a login password/admin password and click on the next button.
This password will protect your RockSpace extender’s network settings from being accessed by unauthorized users. The next screen will ask you to select a WiFi network which you want to connect your RockSpace extender to.
- Select the Wireless Network from the list, and key in the network password. Now, click on the Connect button, and you’ll see a “Extended Successfully!” message appear on the screen.
You may now relocate your RockSpace Wi-Fi repeater to a place where you have continued wireless internet access. You can refer to the Signal LED on the front panel of the range extender for better placement.